Urgent Care for Children was founded in 2017 by a group of Birmingham physicians – pediatricians, neonatologists, orthopedists, surgeons – who sought to provide quality care with less waiting when families often need it most. Since then, we have expanded our footprint and services to best serve our communities. Here are 11 ways that we are uniquely fulfilling our mission to families every day:
1. We see patients ages zero to 21.
Pediatrics is our passion. We provide an alternative to the emergency room for patients ages 21 and under when their primary care pediatrician is closed. We accept walk-ins or patients can save their spot online with us here.
2. Urgent Care for Children proudly accepts most insurances, including Medicaid.
When our founders came together in 2017, they were determined to create a place that welcomed all. Not only do we accept most insurances, but we also offer affordable self-pay rates for patients without insurance.
3. All UC4C locations are equipped with an on-site laboratory, x-ray, and pharmacy.
Broken bones, sprains, lacerations need stitches, flu, strep, with a laboratory and x-ray at every UC4C clinic, we are able to provide care for these conditions and many more. And don’t forget to swing by our convenient in-house pharmacy to secure your child’s prescriptions before heading home.
4. We work with your child’s pediatrician and send them a summary fax after your kiddo’s visit with us.
We at Urgent Care for Children are firm believers in the American Academy of Pediatrics’ medical home concept. After each patient’s visit with us, we send a summary fax to their primary care pediatrician to ensure that they are able to provide a continuum of care.
5. Our experienced, licensed pediatricians and pediatric nurse practitioners are able to evaluate, diagnose, and treat patients in a kid-friendly environment.
Urgent Care for Children is proud to have board-certified pediatricians and pediatric nurse practitioners at each location. This allows your child to receive the specialized care they need and deserve in the after-hours, on weekends, and on holidays.
6. Our doors are open all 365 days of the year.
New Year’s Day, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and every holiday in between, our doors are open. Be sure to check our Locations page or Google listings to see which location is open nearest you when a holiday is around the corner.
7. Urgent Care for Children is the nation’s first sensory-inclusive urgent care facility.
In 2019, we partnered with KultureCity to become the nation’s very first sensory-inclusive urgent care. This means that at each UC4C location you’ll find quiet rooms, sensory backpacks filled with noise-reducing headphones, trinkets, and a weighted lap pad, and a mobile sensory unit. Additionally, all team members are trained on how to make visits more comfortable for our patients with sensory sensitivities.
8. We have seven locations (and counting).
Urgent Care for Children currently has seven convenient locations. You can find us in Birmingham, Vestavia Hills, Trussville, Huntsville, Madison, Montgomery, and Tuscaloosa. We will be expanding to Tennessee in early 2021 with clinics in Hixson and Collierville. Stay tuned as we continue to announce plans for new locations across the southeast.
9. UC4C offers telemedicine for when coming into the clinic doesn’t fit your family’s schedule.
Families are busier than ever, and we get that. Thanks to our telemedicine platform, your kiddo can see one of our pediatric providers from anywhere in the state of Alabama. Should the provider prescribe a medication, we will call it into your preferred pharmacy.
10. Cartoons, snacks, juice boxes, and coloring pages, these are a few of our favorite things.
We believe that the small things make a big difference. That’s why we have all of these things available to our patients when they come in to visit us.
11. We offer rapid-antigen and PCR coronavirus testing to adults and children.
In March, Urgent Care for Children became one of the first in Alabama to begin offering COVID-19 testing to adults and children all seven days of the week. Since then, we have tested thousands and continue to offer this service to our communities. To learn more about our testing process and procedures, click here.